Enjoy this recipe that I created for www.ketologic.com.
Roasting broccoli with these few ingredients not only makes it taste delicious, but it is one of the easiest ways that I know to prepare it. While it falls short of the ideal 75/5/20 percent macronutrient range, its endless list of health benefits is worth trying to figure into the day’s calories. Pairing this broccoli with a main course that is low on the carbohydrate scale, such as our Prime Rib or Parmesan-Encrusted Halibut recipes will help balance out that ketogenic macronutrient range.
- 1 head broccoli, cut into florets
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- ¼ cup olive oil
- pinch of salt and pepper
- 8 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese, divided
- juice from half a lemon
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. In a large bowl, toss the first four ingredients with 6 tablespoons of Parmesan cheese. Lay evenly on a sheet pan and place in oven.
- Roast in the oven for about 15-18 minutes (rotate the pan after 8 minutes) until some pieces just begin to lightly brown and the broccoli becomes tender all the way through.
- Remove the pan from the oven; immediately drizzle and toss with the lemon juice and garnish with the remaining Parmesan.
- Yield: 4
Brandon McDearis is the owner of Your Way Cuisine, http://www.yourwaycuisine.com, a personal chef and nutrition consulting business. He is also a professional wanderer that spends much of his year trotting the globe and working in places such as Alaska, Australia, and Antarctica.