Enjoy this recipe that I created for www.ketologic.com.
- 5 eggs
- 3/4 cup unflavored/unsweetened almond milk
- 5 ounces cream cheese (10 tablespoons), softened
- 1 stick melted butter or 1/2 cup melted coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa
- 1/2 cup coconut flour
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup erythritol
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 and 1/4 teaspoons erythritol
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Put the eggs, almond milk, cream cheese, butter and vanilla extract into a bowl and mix together thoroughly.
- Put the rest of the (dry) ingredients into a separate bowl and mix them together thoroughly as well.
- Slowly add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients, whisking together until fully incorporated into a thick batter.
- Pour the batter into a greased/sprayed baking dish (such as a 9×13) or another cake or brownie pan.
- Bake for 30-40 minutes until cooked all of the way through. Check for doneness by poking the middle with a toothpick. If it comes out clean, then they are finished.
- Allow to cool for at least 30 minutes before slicing and serving.
- For the whipped cream, simply place all ingredients in an electric mixer and whip on medium-high speed for about 2 minutes until desired thickness/consistency is reached.
- Yield: 16
Brandon McDearis is the owner of Your Way Cuisine, http://www.yourwaycuisine.com, a personal chef and nutrition consulting business. He is also a professional wanderer that spends much of his year trotting the globe and working in places such as Alaska, Australia, and Antarctica.