Enjoy this recipe that I created for www.ketologic.com.
PER SERVING: CALORIES 558 | FAT 58G | CARBOHYDRATES 3G | FIBER 0G | NET CARBOHYDRATES 3G | PROTEIN 24G
- 4 (4 ounce) salmon fillets
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1 tablespoon salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 4 tablespoons butter
- ½ cup Greek yogurt
- ½ cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon dried dill or 2 tablespoons fresh dill
- juice from 1 lemon
- dash of Tabasco
- Mix the salt, pepper, garlic powder and onion powder together in a bowl. Sprinkle liberally over the salmon and lightly rub it in. Reserve any remaining seasoning.
- Heat coconut oil in a skillet at medium-high heat for about 2 minutes until completely melted and the pan is hot. Sear the salmon fillets face down for about 3 minutes until cooked halfway up the side of the fillets. Flip the salmon and cook another 3 minutes or until the other half is cooked all the way. Remove from heat, but keep in the pan for another 2 minutes to allow it to cook all the way through. The salmon should be flaky with a fork when serving. Top each fillet with one tablespoon of butter and let it melt while you put your sauce together.
- Take remaining seasoning and add it to the Greek yogurt and sour cream, along with the rest of the ingredients. Top the salmon with a spoonful of lemon dill sauce before serving.
- Yield: 4
Brandon McDearis is the owner of Your Way Cuisine, http://www.yourwaycuisine.com, a personal chef and nutrition consulting business. He is also a professional wanderer that spends much of his year trotting the globe and working in places such as Alaska, Australia, and Antarctica.