Enjoy this recipe that I created for www.ketologic.com.
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into strips
- 1 onion, cut into strips
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1-2 teaspoons salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 6 bratwurst sausages
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. In a bowl, mix the first 6 ingredients together and lay them on a lightly sprayed/greased sheet pan.
- Pierce the sausages with a fork in two places. Lay them down evenly, a few inches apart on the pepper/onion mixture.
- Bake in the oven for 30-40 minutes; increase the oven to broil. Broil for 4-8 minutes until browned. Turn the sausages and rotate the pan halfway through (NOTE: What the sausages closely while broiling. Some broilers cook much faster than others).
- Serve each sausage with an even amount of pepper/onion mixture and top with a condiment, such as mustard or hot sauce.
Brandon McDearis is the owner of Your Way Cuisine, http://www.yourwaycuisine.com, a personal chef and nutrition consulting business. He is also a professional wanderer that spends much of his year trotting the globe and working in places such as Alaska, Australia, and Antarctica.