Enjoy this recipe that I created for www.ketologic.com.
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon granulated garlic
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- 2 teaspoons salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 large egg
- 2 tablespoons flaxseed meal
- ¼ cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- ¼ cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
- Put the first 8 ingredients (down to the tomato paste) in a large bowl and mix thoroughly with your hands. Then add the rest of the ingredients and continue to mix until thoroughly incorporated.
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Start to form your meatballs (using a spoon to scoop each can help to keep the size consistent). Roll each meatball in your hands and place on a lightly sprayed/greased sheet pan (the pan can be lined with foil or parchment paper for an easier cleanup). You should end up with about 12-16 meatballs.
- Put the tray in the oven and bake for about 20 minutes until cooked all the way through.
- Yield: 4
Brandon McDearis is the owner of Your Way Cuisine, http://www.yourwaycuisine.com, a personal chef and nutrition consulting business. He is also a professional wanderer that spends much of his year trotting the globe and working in places such as Alaska, Australia, and Antarctica.