Enjoy this recipe from www.ketologic.com.
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 tablespoon Kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne
- 5 oz package of mixed greens or romaine lettuce
- 8 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 2 green onions, sliced thinly
- 2 avocados, diced
- ½ cup canned jalapenos
- dash hot sauce
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 cup salsa, such as Pace Picante Sauce
- 2 cups shredded cheddar or Monterey Jack cheese
- 1 cup olive oil
- ½ -1 cup vinegar, such as balsamic, apple cider or white wine vinegar
- Brown the ground beef in a skillet at medium-high heat. Stir in the salt, pepper, and the rest of the spices. Reduce heat to low, cover and cook for about 10-15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Prep the vegetables and assemble the salad. The recipe makes about 8 servings. There are no rules for how to plate your salad, but you can spoon one-eighth of the taco meat onto a plate first, followed by the cheese, hot sauce, mixed greens and toppings. Finish by drizzling each salad with 2 tablespoons of the olive oil and 1-2 tablespoons of the vinegar. You can also use your favorite low-carb salad dressing.
- Yield: 8
Brandon McDearis is the owner of Your Way Cuisine, http://www.yourwaycuisine.com, a personal chef and nutrition consulting business. He is also a professional wanderer that spends much of his year trotting the globe and working in places such as Alaska, Australia, and Antarctica.