This is a very basic recipe for jalapeno poppers. Feel free to get creative by adding or substituting different types of cheeses, or anything else you may desire. You won’t go wrong flavor-wise adding a bit of sharp cheddar to this recipe, and the increase in protein is not significant enough to dramatically affect the keto-friendly macronutrient yield of this recipe.
- 24 toothpicks
- 12 jalapenos, halved and seeded
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 8 slices bacon
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Soak toothpicks in a bowl of water for a few minutes to prevent burning.
- Spoon cream cheese into each jalapeno, pressing it in evenly.
- Cut bacon into thirds, and wrap around each stuffed jalapeno; secure each with a soaked toothpick and place on a baking sheet.
- Bake for about 20 minutes until bacon is crispy and jalapenos are soft.
- Yield: 8
Brandon McDearis is the owner of Your Way Cuisine, http://www.yourwaycuisine.com, a personal chef and nutrition consulting business. He is also a professional wanderer that spends much of his year trotting the globe and working in places such as Alaska, Australia, and Antarctica.